Issue #15, September 2010
- Agile Flash Cards
- For the past year and a half, Jeff and Tim have been capturing the wisdom of the Agile community and their own combined 20+ years of Agile and XP experience on index cards. In anticipation of the release of these cards in decks, they share a few Agile in a Flash cards with you here.
- The Key to Better Software
- I’ve become convinced that the approach to quality taken by most companies is misguided and based on a flawed model. This is the reason why so many companies are having such trouble increasing the quality of the software they deliver.
- Building Trust
- When you’re coaching Agile teams, it’s essential to work on building trust from the get-go. Without trust, Agile simply doesn’t work. So how can we build trust on our teams so that Agile practices can take root?
- The First Robot
- On September 20, 1928, Eric, the first human-looking robot, opened the Exhibition of the Society of Model Engineers in London. The inventors were inspired to build Eric when the Duke of York was unable to attend the ceremony opening the Exhibition. Eric proved to be a simple, successful replacement for the Duke of York.
Plus: Up Front, Choice Bits, Guru Meditation, The Quiz, Calendar, Shady Illuminations