Issue #18, December 2010
- Chad Fowler on Ruby
- A legend in the Ruby community shares his recollections and insights and hopes, from the early days of Ruby enthusiasts to the future of Ruby on silicon and Ruby for phones.
- What’s New in Ruby 1.9.2
- It’s been a long time coming, but we finally have a worthy successor to Ruby 1.8. Fast, fully featured, and fun, Ruby 1.9.2 should be your Ruby of choice.
- Three Bundler Benefits
- Why you should start using Bundler to manage your Ruby gems right now.
- New Series: Everyday JRuby
- Wherein Ian begins a series of articles on using Ruby on the JVM to solve everyday problems.
- Cohesive Software Design
- Those big software design concepts like coupling, cohesion, abstraction, and volatility have real practical value. In this article, we’ll talk about how cohesion can make your life as a programmer easier.
- When Did That Happen?
- Dan wraps up the year with a look back at the era of the personal computer.
Plus: Up Front, Choice Bits, Guru Meditation, Way of the Agile Warrior, Calendar, Shady Illuminations