Issue #19, January 2011
- Grokking Pattern Matching and List Comprehensions
- Bruce explores two powerful features of modern programming languages that can make your code more beautiful and you more productive.
- Everyday JRuby
- Wherein Ian creates a simple game and then shows you several ways to deploy it.
- Code Coupling
- Those big software design concepts like coupling, cohesion, abstraction, and volatility have real practical value. In this article, Tim and Jeff talk about what coupling is, why it’s necessary, and how you can reduce it to just that necessary amount.
- Rediscovering QA
- Software Quality Assurance is more than testing. The breadth of knowledge necessary for really good QA work are surprisingly broad.
- When Did That Happen?
- Dan continues his series on the history of technology with a look at the index register.
Plus: Up Front, Choice Bits, Guru Meditation, Calendar, Shady Illuminations