Issue #25, July 2011
- Clojure Building Blocks
- Jeff introduces Clojure fundamentals and uses them to show why you might want to explore this language further.
- Clojure Collections
- Steven explains the benefits of immutability and explores how Clojure’s data collections handle it.
- Create Unix Services with Clojure
- Aaron is the coauthor (with Stuart Halloway) of the forthcoming Programming Clojure, Second Edition. Here he gives a practical, hands-on experience with Clojure.
- Growing a DSL with Clojure
- From seed to full bloom, Ambrose takes us through the steps to grow a domain-specific language in Clojure.
- Pair Programming Benefits
- Two heads are better than one, and four hands are better than two.
- When Did That Happen?
- UNIX turns 37 this month, and Dan flashes back to the 70s to see how it all began.
Plus: Up Front, Choice Bits, Calendar, Shady Illuminations, But Wait, There’s More…