Issue #26, August 2011
- Make Your Own Video Game System
- Wouldn’t it be fun to build your own classic video game system to play games like Breakout or Asteroids on your TV? The Arduino makes it easy and Maik shows you how.
- Hello, ClojureScript!
- Decouple Your Apps with Event-Driven CoffeeScript
- Node’s event paradigm provides an elegant way of connecting objects, providing maximum flexibility with minimum boilerplate, and it’s test-friendly.
- How Virtuous Is Your Code?
- Tim and Jeff spell out the virtues that they think might constitute a universal definition of good.
- Code As Dialog
- Brian attends a writer’s conference and finds that elements of screenwriting like truthful dialog and the Show Bible apply surprisingly well to software development.
- When Did That Happen?
- In this month 24 years ago, Apple introduced a product that influenced the development of the World Wide Web.
Plus: Up Front, Choice Bits, Guru Meditation, Calendar, Shady Illuminations, But Wait, There’s More…